Workshop and Presentation
While the development work is currently running at full speed, evaluations are taking place in parallel. Luckily for us, a community is forming incorporating not only universities in NRW but in all of germany as well. From our associated partners that were able to work with us until now, we receive a lot of positive feedback and input for our development work. This input, however, also presents us with challenges, which are accompanied by expectations for results and ideas that are on the one hand extremely interesting, but on the other hand and in certain aspects go far beyond our project (e.g., cooperative content development in real time, research on interactions, learning analytics, research collaborations in VR).
We would like to take this feedback as an opportunity to hold a public workshop with our associated partners and everyone interested in the development of Figments.nrw. With this workshop we aim to present the current state of development, discuss future developments and give you a timeline and information for the public release of Figments.nrw.
- from 14:30 – Arrival of the guests
- 15:00 – Welcome by Prof. Dr. Hinkenjann
- 15:15 – Recap of the project AR/VR.nrw
- 15:30 – Interactive Demonstration of Figments.nrw: From the design of virtual worlds to collaborative teaching scenarios in VR
- 16:15 – Presentation of further research results and project perspectives
- 17:00 – Come together with finger food, guided tour showroom visualization and individual testing of Figments.nrw
The event will take place hybrid:
We cordially invite you to our AR/VR Lab at the Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences (location Sankt Augustin).
But you are also welcome to follow our presentation of the VR authoring tools Figments.nrw online, via video conference, and discuss with us the future of VR in higher education.
Registration and Information
Please let us know, if you plan to participate. The places on site are limited.
53757 Sankt Augustin
(Link will be send after registration)